affiliated professors from 33 countries (51% international)
Barcelona GSE Affiliated Professors
hold PhDs from outside Spain
Affiliated Professors are tenured or tenure-track faculty members at the School’s academic units.
New Affiliated Professors 2020-21
A total of 29 ERC grants have been awarded to current Affiliated Professors.
European Research Council (ERC) Grants
These competitive grants support frontier research projects by top European investigators for up to five years.
A total of 28 ERC grants have been awarded to current Barcelona GSE Affiliated Professors.
New ERC grants in 2020-21
ERC STARTING GRANT
Victoria Vanasco (CREI, UPF and Barcelona GSE)
“Information, Markets and the Macroeconomy”
ERC CONSOLIDATOR GRANT
Mar Reguant (Northwestern University and Barcelona GSE Research Fellow)
“Understanding the Energy Transition with a Machine Learning Toolbox”
There are 16 ICREA Research Professors on the Barcelona GSE faculty.
ICREA Research Professors
The Catalan Institution for Research and Advanced Studies (ICREA) is a publicly funded foundation designed to attract and retain talent in Catalonia. The institution is highly selective, operating through competitive international calls and very rigorous external evaluation of candidates.
There are 17 ICREA Research Professors on the Barcelona GSE faculty.
14 Barcelona GSE Affiliated Professors currently hold one of these fellowships.
Juan de la Cierva and Ramón y Cajal Fellows
These two programs of the Spanish Ministry for Economy and Competitiveness provide support for hiring researchers for three years (Juan de la Cierva) or five years (Ramón y Cajal).
17 Barcelona GSE Affiliated Professors currently hold one of these fellowships.
Publications in Top 5 Journals 2020-21
Barcelona GSE Affiliated Professors publish their research widely, including the five top journals (American Economic Review, Econometrica, Journal of Political Economy, Quarterly Journal of Economics and Review of Economic Studies).
- Asriyan, Vladimir, ‘Balance Sheet Channel with Information-Trading Frictions in Secondary Markets’, The Review of Economic Studies, 88 (2021), 44–90 <https://doi.org/10.1093/restud/rdaa069>
- Asriyan, Vladimir, Luca Fornaro, Alberto Martin, and Jaume Ventura, ‘Monetary Policy for a Bubbly World’, The Review of Economic Studies, 88 (2021), 1418–56 <https://doi.org/10.1093/restud/rdaa045>
- Baley, Isaac, and Andrés Blanco, ‘Aggregate Dynamics in Lumpy Economies’, Econometrica, 89 (2021), 1235–64 <https://doi.org/10.3982/ECTA17344>
- Barnichon, Regis, and Geert Mesters, ‘Identifying Modern Macro Equations with Old Shocks*’, The Quarterly Journal of Economics, 135 (2020), 2255–98 <https://doi.org/10.1093/qje/qjaa022>
- Behrer, A. Patrick, Edward L. Glaeser, Giacomo A.M. Ponzetto, and Andrei Shleifer, ‘Securing Property Rights’, Journal of Political Economy, 129 (2021), 1157–92 <https://doi.org/10.1086/712733>
- Cerigioni, Francesco, ‘Dual Decision Processes: Retrieving Preferences When Some Choices Are Automatic’, Journal of Political Economy, 129 (2021), 1667–1704 <https://doi.org/10.1086/713730>
- Cooley, Thomas, and Ramon Marimon, ‘Commitment in Organizations and the Competition for Talent’, The Review of Economic Studies, 87 (2020), 2165–2204 <https://doi.org/10.1093/restud/rdaa008>
- Debortoli, Davide, Ricardo Nunes, and Pierre Yared, ‘Optimal Fiscal Policy without Commitment: Revisiting Lucas-Stokey’, Journal of Political Economy, 129 (2021), 1640–65 <https://doi.org/10.1086/713191>
- De Loecker, Jan, Jan Eeckhout, and Gabriel Unger, ‘The Rise of Market Power and the Macroeconomic Implications*’, Quarterly Journal of Economics, 135 (2020), 561–644 <https://doi.org/10.1093/qje/qjz041>
- Hansman, Christopher, Jonas Hjort, Gianmarco León, and Matthieu Teachout, ‘Vertical Integration, Supplier Behavior, and Quality Upgrading Among Exporters’, Journal of Political Economy, 128 (2020), 3570–3625 <https://doi.org/10.1086/70881
- Jordà, Òscar, Björn Richter, Moritz Schularick, and Alan M Taylor, ‘Bank Capital Redux: Solvency, Liquidity, and Crisis’, The Review of Economic Studies, 88 (2021), 260–86 <https://doi.org/10.1093/restud/rdaa040>
- Koh, Dongya, Raül Santaeulàlia-Llopis, and Yu Zheng, ‘Labor Share Decline and Intellectual Property Products Capital’, Econometrica, 88 (2020), 2609–28 <https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.3982/ECTA17477>
- Martin, Alberto, Enrique Moral-Benito, Tom Schmitz, Alberto Martín, Enrique Moral-Benito, and Tom Schmitz, ‘The Financial Transmission of Housing Booms: Evidence from Spain’, American Economic Review, 111 (2021), 1013–53 <https://doi.org/10.1257/aer.20191410>